Tuesday, February 21, 2006

"Bloody Mary" South Park

Good news South Park fans. C4 will be screening the controversial South Park episode about Catholics tomorrow night. (See: http://www.c4tv.co.nz/)

Here's an email I sent to Newstalk ZB yesterday that Danny Watson read out on air:

I've been listening with fascination to the various callers about the controversial episode of South Park featuring the Catholic faith. I personally think they should just get over it. My church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon), has been made fun of a number of times on South Park and I never heard any complaints in the media about this! (The Mormon church is now one of the larger churches in this country too).
In fact just a couple of weeks ago an episode of South Park featured quite a bit about the beliefs of my church. Some of it was correct, and some of it wasn't. Actually I got a good laugh out of it! I'm not going to let this episode offend me - it hasn't affected my beliefs at all. I'm not going to stop watching South Park. I'm not going to stop watching TV3 and C4 or boycott their advertisers.
Everyone is going to have their beliefs challenged or mocked at some stage. They just need to get over it. If you believe that your beliefs are true and they make you happy then that's all that matters.

No comments: