Sunday, September 16, 2007

Free toll calls for the Waikato region!

At last, a phone company has done the sensible thing and got rid of all the toll boundaries for the Waikato:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0709/S00206.htm

TelstraClear have announced that we can now call anywhere in the Waikato for free! This is excellent! The toll boundaries around here imposed by Telcom were crazy! I live in Te Awamutu and I can call Kawhia for free, but not Hamilton or Otorohanga which are much closer. When I lived in Otorohanga last year I could only call Otorohanga for free (90% of my phone calls were outside Otorohanga). Calling Te Kuiti (a 15 minute drive away) was a toll call.

I am so happy now I left that hopeless Telecom and joined TelstraClear a couple of years ago.

See: www.bigbackyard.co.nz

No comments: