Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Get ready for reruns!

Yesterday TVNZ announced the programming line-up for its news Freeview channel TVNZ 6 (really original name by the way):

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10451942&ref=rss

The broadcasting day will be split up into three blocks – Kidzone, Family, and Showcase. But it appears that most of the programmes will be repeats – so hold me back! If it’s one thing that people love to watch it’s repeats – NOT! If they’re going to show repeats of local content then I’ll be able to watch classic shows such as NZ Idol and Dancing with the Stars again! Whoopee! (I’m being sarcastic in case you couldn’t work it out)

It also appears they’ll be delving into the archives with shows such as It’s In The Bag. This may be a good thing actually. They may show some good shows from times past.

From what I can see this new channel will only be available on Freeview (well, it’s not really free – about $300 for set-top box plus cost for the dish and install). I wonder if this new channel will be put on Sky Digital? But I don’t think I’ll be splashing out on getting Freeview setup anytime in the near future.

No comments: