Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Political correctness gone completely mad

I was listening to talkback on Newstalk ZB this afternoon and I could not believe what I heard. Qantas and Air New Zealand have banned men from sitting next to unaccompanied children on their flights! (http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=85132)

This is totally ridiculous. It is definitely political correctness gone mad. Why men? Why have men been singled out in this case? These airlines are labeling ALL men as boogymen and sexual abusers! There are many women out there in this category too.

As a father of a 6 year old daughter I am very offended by this policy. I do not see how legally they can get away with it. It is against human rights and is discriminating against men. I really hope something can be done about this, otherwise what would be next?? I know if I was seated next to an unaccompanied child on an aircraft and told to shift I'd tell them where to go!

It was good to hear on talkback this afternoon that both men and women callers thought this new policy was completely crazy.

No comments: